Thursday, January 9, 2014

Partin Announces for Grundy County Mayor

Emily Carol Partin has announced her candidacy for the office of Grundy County Mayor. 

“I believe the person holding this office is in the position to craft and pursue a vision for a better future for us all.” Partin said. “Grundy County is at a major crossroads. Adverse circumstances, such as unemployment, poor health, substance abuse and poverty, have weakened us. It would be tempting to stay on this same course, hoping for a better outcome. It won’t happen. We must all begin to accept responsibility for where we are and hold each other accountable for a better tomorrow. I want to be a part of this solution and I believe I am qualified for the task.” 

Partin graduated from Grundy County High School and has a master’s degree in clinical psychology. Her studies and vocation took her away from the Mountain for almost 20 years until the year 2000 when she returned home to care for her father. 

Once back on the Mountain, Partin worked as a mental health counselor serving Grundy County. 
“I was so dismayed at the extent of hurt and illness that I attributed to poverty, poor health and substance abuse” Partin said. “I began praying for the opportunity to bring about a broader reaching, deeper healing to our whole County, for the hometown I remembered as being a quaint place in which to live had changed dramatically. I found this could only happen if I and others became involved in the process.”

For the past three years Partin has worked for the Grundy County Schools as family resource director. She is a board member of two new projects on the Mountain: the Community Fund of the South Cumberland Plateau; and Discover Together, a collaboration between Yale University, Scholastic, Inc., the University of the South and Tracy City Elementary. Partin is an active member of the Grundy County Health Council working to reverse poor health outcomes in our area. She is the president of the Rotary Club of Grundy County and attends Tracy City First United Methodist Church serving as choir director.


“Being a part of these larger initiatives proved to me that positive change is possible when people work together,” she said.

Partin was elected to the Grundy County Commission in 2012. In that role she works to get at the root cause of issues that impact the County. “I ask questions in order to make wise decisions for the people,” she added.

“If elected Grundy County Mayor, I would tackle our economic issues, seeking to develop an infrastructure that would support growth and opportunity for all. I would continue to work on our health issues and the revolving door issue at our county jail. Most importantly, I will work to get more people of the County involved in the solutions. I believe in investing in ourselves and in our future. I believe for great things and will work to make them happen. My name is Emily Partin and I would appreciate your vote.” Partin concluded. 

For more information go to <www.facebook.com/epartinforgrundymayor>.

No comments:

Post a Comment